Pages

Thursday 14 October 2010

Just a little bit … unmotivated!

Motivation … Oh where art thou hiding?


Ok … it’s been a month since my last blog and I am very sorry to those of you who actually take the time out to read my thoughts. I have been so stuck for what to write about and kept putting it off and putting it off. So I finally decided, the topic of my blog would be motivation.


Its quite ironic really as I’ve clearly shown a lack of it in recent weeks, but I think that it’s the time of year. September and October are two of the busiest months in any academic person’s life. It’s a new academic year, new classes, maybe new tutors, in my case, new people in class so new friends. Then there are all of the things that you got used to doing over the summer that you now don’t have any time to do. All of that combined with the fact that you need to start writing assignments and keeping up with reading schedules after 4 months of summer mean that things can be a bit hard going.




It’s out there somewhere …


So how do you find yourself some inspiration when it seems to be hiding somewhere far away?


One tactic of mine is to become a bit too much of an over-organised freak and print out all of the assignment information for the coming year. I then stick these on my wall with the deadline dates clearly highlighted so I cannot help but stare them in the face as I aimlessly play Farmville for hours pretending I have nothing more important to do in the world.


Another method of mine is to set myself little goals and rewards. So if I was to complete my blog tonight then I get to gorge out on the rest of my tub of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream sat in my freezer whilst watching an intensive amount of girly programs and films all night. OR if I am to complete a section of my dissertation research, then I can reward myself with a new pair of shoes.




How do you find yours? …


Everyone struggles to find motivation sometimes, especially at this time of year when there are so many other things going on (fresher’s parties, UCAS applications, Halloween, Christmas round the corner). The important thing is to find out just what keeps you focussed and make sure you reward yourself for doing well. After all, it can’t be all work and no play.




To make it up to everyone for being a bit absent recently, I am going to try and do some extra blogs, so keep your eyes peeled and prepare yourself, because once I get talking, its hard to stop me. Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment