Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2010

What the weekend brought

And so it continues …


OK so my run of bad luck decided to continue and Paris didn’t happen yet again :( boo!! But on the plus side, it was the passport agency’s fault not ours so we are being nicely compensated. For messing us around, they decided they would give us … our money back on the hotel plus pay for the cancellation fee, they will pay for another lot of first class tickets for the Eurostar and the hotel next time we go. Plus for a little bit of extra good will, they are giving us flights to any European city that we can use in the next 3 months. So I guess the sun does shine after the rain and I have two holidays to look forward to. It also shows one of life’s little lessons, you only get what you go after, if we had never raised the fact that my friend’s passport had not come through by the promised deadline then we would have just lost out with no compensation. You have to fight for what you believe in.


Plan B for the weekend …

So we didn’t want to waste a weekend that we had already booked off, so we decided to just do something in the UK instead. After a couple of hours of trawling the net for inspiration, we decided to just stay local and get a hotel on the other side of London and be tourists for the weekend. The plan was to do touristy things like go to The London Aquarium, do a river cruise, hit Oxford Street and have dinner in the West End…. But guess what ...? Luck decided it wasn’t my friend again and when I got to the hotel I didn’t have my debit card. We found a way around checking in though and spent the whole weekend making the most of the facilities there as we could charge them to the room


So my friends …

I apologise for my blog being a bit gloomy again this week, but at least I’ve gained some positives from it and my luck seems to be improving a bit. There’s lots going on over the next week or two so I will be happy and chatty again by next week hopefully.


Ciao for now.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment