Pages

Thursday 15 July 2010

Spain, Sunstroke and Stress!

Viva Espana!

So it’s my first day back at work after a fantastic week in Spain. The weather was fantastic and we saw and did so much. I and my flat mate went to Torremolinos, Costa del Sol for a week of relaxing before working full time in clearing for the rest of the summer.

We did some amazing things including a visit to the water park, a trip to Gibraltar to check out the monkeys and do some duty free shopping and a really cool Spanish horse show and flamenco display. It was beautifully hot hitting 43 degrees on our last day but unfortunately relating in me getting sunstroke and suffering all the way home :(

Monkey business!
Apparently people love stories about monkeys and the ones in Gibraltar were rather troublesome little devils, so if you ever get the chance to see them then definitely do it. They have been living in the country for hundreds of years so they believe that the territory is theirs. They often rob the shops in the national park of sweets, postcards and whatever else takes their fancy.
One lady on our tour group was silly enough to have open her bag when it had a couple of bananas in it, which were speedily robbed by the cheeky primates, the lady stupidly tried to steal them back but there was no way they were letting hold of their loot.

Another idiot was the man who had left his car window open then had a fit when a rather large male ape decided he wanted a little sit down in the comfy driver’s seat. As they guy came back shouting and screaming the monkey dived out the other window nearest to the man and he jumped a mile – what a tough nut haha.
So remember folks ... when visiting monkeys, please refrain from taking bananas in your bags, leaving windows open and just generally providing them with entertainment by being idiot tourists.

Here are some monkey pics for your amusement:

Monkey mastermind with a stolen postcard:






















Monkey jail where he belongs haha (alternatively known as railings)






















Car thieving monkey:























Monkey!!























Back to reality!
Now I’m back and getting into the swing of working for the summer, it’s also had me thinking about going into my final year and what lies beyond my degree ... I’m finding myself contemplating whether or not to do a PGCE (teacher training qualification), this could give me a great back-up career but should I distract myself from my dream career for a year to do the training? With the realisation of many of my friends finding it difficult to get jobs as graduates, it pushes me towards considering this new direction for my career, but I’m still feeling a bit lost ... does anyone have any helpful advice for me?

Other thoughts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment